Sunday, October 21, 2012

From Our Lives, From Our Soil

[Often, I find myself writing song lyrics or poems during Sunday Worship at Potton Vineyard Church. I've decided to put them out there for reading, for critique, and just because!]

21st October 2012 - from Kassy Lean's sermon: The Shoot from the Seed

From Our Lives from Our Soul

Verse
Come alive in our hearts, oh Lord.
Let us find our deepest roots in you.
Keep us safe from evil, oh Lord
and grow our faith and trust, oh Lord, in you.

Chorus
From our lives, from our soil,
Grow our love, fulfil your word.
Take us, mould us, shape us to your will.
We will grow and we will know
what you want and how to do.
Give us strength to cross the fords and climb the hill.

Verse
Take my roots, my branches, my Lord.
Give me, Lord, my food, my energy.
Grow my shoots and blossoms, oh Lord,
and cut all pain and sin, oh Lord, from me.

Bridge
You bring restoration,
You bring your glory.
You bring your Kingdom.
We welcome you, please welcome us.

No comments: